Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Things About Me



1. I love dressing up in costumes...but not the typical pretty princess I look cute dressed up. I love to look as ridiculous as possible.

2. People think I am a bitch sometimes but not because of how I act. When I am not thinking anything I get this blank look that is apparently not so blank it's more like I will eat you soul or maybe I am the saddest person alive and therefore gives people the impression that I am just not a nice person. I am nice I promise.

3. I am madly in love with my husband. We've been together for almost 7 years. I was 18 when we met and I have never looked back. A lot of people assume because I was so young when we met that I must be missing out on something. Not at all. We make each other happy plain and simple.

4. I am a complete sucker for animals. I have so much compassion for them. It's gotten me in trouble a few times. Example: 9 cats and a wiener dog in a 2 bedroom apt. If I could do anything in the world I would open an animal shelter but I lack the money and the space so I volunteer instead.

5. I want to be a mother more than anything (even saving animals) it was something I know I was meant to do.

6. I twist my hair compulsively. I have done this since I was a little girl. I notice I do it more when I am stressed but I also find myself doing it when I'm tired. It has resulted in one tendril of hair that is way shorter than the rest of my hair.

7. I have a couple major fears: the deep ocean, and ordering pizza. I know it's crazy but I just can't bear to do it online ordering was created for people like me.

8. I LOVE disco music. I can dance all night long give me a little ABBA, Donna Summer or the Bee Gees and I can't stop my bootie from shakin'. I had a disco themed birthday party last year...people dressed up but no one was quite as into it as me which sucked but it was still a blast.

9. I always put empty containers back in the fridge. Imagine now Brent walking to the fridge craving a nice cold glass of milk. He opens the fridge door and what does he see? An empty milk carton and sadness overcomes him. This is the point when I hear him yell my name and curse my ridiculous habits.

10. I have learned to love my body even though it's not what some would call attractive. I could do without the giant breasts but it's part of me so I embrace it. I think I am hot shit...curves and fat included. I am sure part of this is Brent's unconditional love for me I was teeny tiny when we met but his attraction to me is just as strong as it was then.

11. Celebrity gossip. I need my celebrity gossip. I know it's bad and that half the shit isn't even true but I am completely fascinated by the rich and famous.

12. I have two entirely different ears. The left one is a regular ol' ear but the right looks like someone took a bite out of it. They don't match. I seriously didn't realize this until my friend Mat pointed it out to me in high school.

13. I love to try and see inside people's houses. I'm not a creep. I'm just curious about how other people live. Someone's house says a lot about them and I am fascinated by the things people like to collect and they way they decorate. Okay I sound like a creep.

14. Procrastination is a problem for me. Bills, work, pretty much anything you can think of that was supposed to be done yesterday. Oops.

15. I am a stress shopper. If I am upset about anything I shop but most often I come home with shit I just really didn't need but hey I feel better dammit.

16. Books. I need to read(oh my I rhymed). When I was in the middle of my grief I bought books like they were going out of style. It was one of the only things that could truly get my mind off of sadness. I have more books on my bookshelves that I haven't read than I have but I'm getting there.

17. My biggest pet peeve is when you are gathered around the table for a meal and I ask someone to pass me something and they grab that thing as if to pass it to you but then decide to use it for themselves first. I HATE IT.

18. I am not easily offended unless it involves racism and hate. I love fart and dick jokes. I curse like a sailor but when it comes to being hateful towards someone(even if it's in joke form) I do not tolerate it.

19. I believe firmly that the headboard on our bed is haunted. I know it's sounds like I'm a crazy woman but it makes weird sounds. It's like a tap tap tap almost like a ghost is trying to communicate with me through Morse code. I've had this same headboard since high school and rather than scare me it's almost comforting.

20. I can be really bossy. I am the oldest child and I can't help it sometimes I have a natural need to take care of people.

21. I still consider myself a photographer even though I haven't practiced in years. I bought all the supplies for a darkroom a few years ago and never got the chance to set it up. I really wish I would. It's silly to let my laziness get in the way of something I have so much passion for.

22. I cannot cook. Okay I don't cook well. I have a few things that I make well and I am trying to learn to be better but I am spoiled and my husband does the cooking for me. This works out well now but when I someday become a full time mom I will have to learn how or we might all starve to death or get giantly fat cause I'm really good at picking up drive-thru.

23. I bite my nails. It's not that exciting but it is something about me.

24. I love my friends and family. There is nothing more important to me.

25. I have changed a lot in the past 10 months since Nick passed. I can't tell you how though. I just know I'm different. That makes no sense I know.

1 comment:

paigesart said...

The ocean freaks me out too. It's so deep and dark and the water is crazy. I had this psychic tell me that the reason I don't like the ocean is because I'm originally from a water planet where you can see the bottom of the ocean wherever you go, because it isn't dark and possessed like ours.