Friday, April 10, 2009

The last time

Nick and Jen March 2008 in Los Angeles

It has been one year since I last saw him
I asked him to help me put on sunscreen
I had gone out to the renaissance festival a couple weeks before
the sun had given me awful tan lines
my dress was strapless
and the wedding was three weeks away
he carefully applied sunscreen on my back
around my silly tan lines so that I could even my tan out
later I was using his computer to do my taxes last minute
he was leaving for the evening
the last time I saw him he asked me to shut off his computer
and shut his bedroom door when I was done
pretty boring
sometimes I wish it was better
wish I had known so could have hugged him
or told him how much I loved him
so unremarkable
yet I will remember it for the rest of my life

No comments: